Ballroom dancing is a form of couple dancing originally undertaken by the upper classes. Deriving from the Latin word meaning "to dance (ballare)," ballroom dancing is meant to be done in a large room created specifically for this type of social dancing. Nowadays, people from all walks of life enjoy ballroom dancing, and competitive dance has become rather popular.
With competitive dance, it's necessary to have the best ballroom dance shoes available. The best ballroom shoes don't need to be terribly expensive - it's possible to find cheap ballroom shoes which work just as well as the pricier models. Here are some things to look for when shopping for the best shoes:
* Suede Leather soles. Brushed Leather soles are necessary for good traction on a slippery dance floor. You should be able to pivot on the balls of your feet comfortably in order to avoid knee strain. Some cheap ballroom shoes have rubber soles, which you'll want to avoid. Some of the best shoes for women also have suede on the bottom to provide a better gliding ability.
* Ankle straps. Ankle straps on ladies' shoes aren't just aesthetically pleasing, they also provide support, and help in keeping the shoes securely on your feet.
* Proper support. Whether purchasing a pair of cheap ballroom shoes or ones costing hundreds of dollars, you'll want to be sure they provide proper support. Try your shoes on in the evening when your feet are swollen to ensure correct fit, and be sure to walk around for a while to really get a feel. The best shoes will have good arch support as well as a nice insole for cushioning.
* Carrying case. Since shoes are a bit of an investment, you'll want to have a place to store them to keep them in tip-top shape. Also, remember: even cheap ballroom shoes should never be worn outdoors, especially ones with suede soles, which can be damaged from wet sidewalks and streets.
* Attractive style. For all their function, the best shoes should also look good! There's no point in purchasing cheap ballroom dance shoes if they aren't attractive and don't make you feel more confident in your dancing AND your appearance. When you feel confident it shows through on the dance floor.
In the end, the best ballroom shoes are ones which you feel comfortable in. Whether you want cheap ballroom dance shoes or prefer to invest a pretty penny in a more costly pair, you should feel relaxed and confident in your choice. After all, ballroom dancing is all about having fun, and only happens when you're feeling secure with yourself.
http://www.tangorougeballroomdancewear.com/ offers the finest ballroom dresses/costumes & dance shoes in the industry. Nancy is a 5 year pro-am ballroom competitor, competing in both the American & International Ballroom styles. She is committed to providing quality ballroom dance apparel and accessories, and offers beautiful custom Latin dresses and more at discount prices.